Re: Pitt at Bucknell 2:00 PM

Postby RichB » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Yes. Good win
Stay Thirsty, My Friends
RichB
Expert

Postby BU Alum » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Tom Sleigh has not wrestled since the first match of the season. I assume he was somehow injured during that match. Anyone know when or if he will return this season.

Hoffman has wrestled will in his absence, but I'd like to see Sleigh wrestle out his Senior year. If healthy, he has all-American potential IMO....
BU Alum
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 pm

I thought we heard that Sleigh was out for the season, but I could be wrong. If so, that's a shame, agree he's an excellent wrestler who has AA potential. Hoffman has wrestled well every time I've seen him.

Smith wrestled a smart match vs Zanetta. I think both of his TDs were counters on pretty good Zanetta shots.
LU in the Hub
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 pm

LU in the Hub wrote:I thought we heard that Sleigh was out for the season, but I could be wrong.

It was reported in a post on TheMat.com forum a month ago that Sleigh injured a knee against CS-Bakersfield and might be out for the season; was going for a third medical opinion. If so it's a shame -- Sleigh's a senior and Bucknell rarely allows redshirting.

Let's hope for the best -- Scott Parker was injured at last year's Scuffle and some thought he was done for the season.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby BU Alum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Yes, I hope he is not out for the season. Stolfi got an extra year a few years ago. Took his 5th year to get his masters. Maybe Sleigh could do the same if the injury keeps him out all year......
BU Alum
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 pm

As I recall, Stolfi was an engineering major in a program for which Bucknell offered a master's. Don't know if Sleigh has a similar option. If not, there are lots of schools that could use a 197-pounder of his caliber for a year. Be nice to see him finish his career at Lewisburg, though.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Return to EIWA