WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

WrestleStat Preseason Rankings!

Moderator: GAH

Re: WrestleStat Preseason Rankings!

Postby LU in the Hub » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:48 am

Checking out the new site and was looking up Darian's record... When I clicked on Year -> FR I went to a Darian Cruz Edit screen rather than seeing his record for that year, as before. Is that a bug?
LU in the Hub
Expert

Postby gimp » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

LU in the Hub wrote:Checking out the new site and was looking up Darian's record... When I clicked on Year -> FR I went to a Darian Cruz Edit screen rather than seeing his record for that year, as before. Is that a bug?

As a programmer myself- that's called a feature!
gimp
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Hah! Programmer too, but I didn't want to say it... I used to argue with QA all the time that there were bugs, features and quirks.
LU in the Hub
Expert

Postby JDALU75 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:42 pm

I figure that the quirk is Josh Terao ranked higher at 133 than Scott Parker.
“The immortal gods are wont to allow those persons whom they wish to punish for their guilt sometimes a greater prosperity and longer impunity, in order that they may suffer the more severely from a reverse of circumstances.” - Gaius Julius, aka Caesar
JDALU75
Expert

Postby klehner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:44 pm

LU in the Hub wrote:Hah! Programmer too, but I didn't want to say it... I used to argue with QA all the time that there were bugs, features and quirks.

As a software developer (read: programmer) for 37 years now, I refer to them as "errors." To call them bugs or anything else masks the fact that a mistake exists.
Cornell 1980, Parent Lehigh 2020!
klehner
Expert

Postby BP-LU87 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:53 pm

"undocumented features"
BP-LU87
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Bug - doesn't work like the spec says it should
Easter Egg - undocumented feature that the programmer left in on purpose or forgot to remove
Quirk - works like the programmer thinks it should, but not like some idiot in QA thinks it should

Is the season here yet or what?
LU in the Hub
Expert

Postby andegre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:17 am

Actually, clicking on the "JR" link is doing exactly what it's intended to...so yeah, it's a feature :D.

I put that in either last year, or the year before, just for myself, and 1 other user that does most of my data integrity tasks. It was put in place so we could go edit the wrestlers information for THAT particular season. It was mainly put there because the wrestlers eligibility was wrong for that particular season. Ie they should have been a sophomore, but it said freshman/junior, etc. Also to be able to change the weight/IsRedshirting status for that season.

So, there is no link to see the wrestlers record for a particular season, all of that is displayed in that very section where you clicked the link. Now, if you want to see the match results for that particular season, you just have to scroll down the page on the match results tab (which is the default tab that is opened on the wrestlers' profile page).

What I SHOULD do, is add a hyperlink somewhere, in the section that you are talking about, to just have the page automatically scroll down to the match results for the corresponding season that you clicked. I'll add that to my list of fixes...
andegre
Expert

Postby LU in the Hub » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Actually, having all the years of the wrestler's results on one screen is a nice enhancement. I was just so used to the old UI that I didn't even scroll down. So, in the end, Gimp was right. It is a feature!
LU in the Hub
Expert

Return to EIWA