mike@resilite.com
"Newbie"

Re: 2014 EIWA Championships

Postby D3 for LU » Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 am

From an earlier post:

From this year's coaches meeting:

2014 EIWA at Penn
2015 EIWA at Lehigh
Future years to be subject to bid procedure being developed by Greg Strobel.

D3
Sir? A pint of your finest ale, please!
Never Argue with an Idiot.
They'll bring you down to their level...and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU
Expert

Postby Red Blades » Sat May 11, 2013 12:19 am

The Palestra is a great site, terrific place to greet the new expanded EIWA members. I'm looking forward to it!
Red Blades
Expert

Postby King George » Sat May 11, 2013 11:36 am

http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-deck-tavern-philadelphia

This is where all the cool kids will be between sessions. We might even let Legger in if he learns how to get along with others.
King George
Veteran

Postby Legger » Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey King thanks for the invite! It looks like a good place. As far as behaving myself, contrary to any opinion you may have from my posts, I will be my usual friendly, amicable self. Just ask other attendees (Red Blades, Seawolf, D3, Big Mess, TCroix, LUChico, Boomer to mention a few) who know me.

I always enjoy meeting the other Forum posters and consider some to be true friends regardless of which school they root for. It really helps cut down on any antimosity or negative feeling when we meet each other to raise a glass. I hope we have a really big turnout. Who knows maybe AB and Denny will show up and actually get along. Did I actually write that?

Long live college wrestling, especially EIWA wrestling.

See you all in March if not sooner. In the meantime, keep remembering wrestling season is only about 5-6 months away.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby JM » Sun May 19, 2013 1:40 pm

If the 'tentative' Leigh schedule is correct, then the EIWAs return to the Saturday-Sunday format at Penn in 2014!
JM
Expert

Postby seawolf » Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Legger - black/king is simply having fun. He knows he can push your buttons and he just did again. Trust me, we all know you are a good guy. Buck just likes to take advantage of that. I enjoyed tossing a couple back with him at Princeton. And Toast too! For two guys that love to give CU crap, in person, it's all laughs. We all love wrestling. I have so few people around me that know the sport, it's good to meet folks with a common passion.

Looking forward to Penn. I like Philly. Hoping they get nationals back soon.
Last edited by seawolf on Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
seawolf
Expert

Postby JJH » Sun May 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I've also confirmed that EIWAs at Penn will be Sat-Sun. BB Saturday night, so we'll probably have to go with six mats on Saturday to avoid a super-early start. JJH
JJH
Expert

Postby Legger » Mon May 20, 2013 9:33 am

Wolf: I didn't take offense to King at all. In fact I posted back to him on a private email saying I hope he doesn't take my postings too seriously. It's all in good fun. Long live the EIWA's and the friends I have made at those events. See you at Penn if not sooner.
Legger
Expert

Postby LUchico » Mon May 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Seawolf,
Your post suggests Black/George is the same person. Are you pretty sure that's the case? When Black Sab came on the scene his somewhat provocative comments caused a stir amongst some Lehigh supporters who couldn't bear to hear anything negative about the Brown&White. I usually like his comments, whether I agree or not, and have been disappointed he hasn't posted much lately.
So I'll put my question to him. King George, are you out there??? are you Black Sabathia????? And if so why switch names??? Black Sabathia is kind of cool.
LUchico
Expert

Postby Red Blades » Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm

LUchico wrote:Seawolf,
Your post suggests Black/George is the same person. Are you pretty sure that's the case? When Black Sab came on the scene his somewhat provocative comments caused a stir amongst some Lehigh supporters who couldn't bear to hear anything negative about the Brown&White. I usually like his comments, whether I agree or not, and have been disappointed he hasn't posted much lately.
So I'll put my question to him. King George, are you out there??? are you Black Sabathia????? And if so why switch names??? Black Sabathia is kind of cool.

It's kinda funny when he shows up at a meet'n'greet wearing, like, six different nametags! :P

(Gotcha, Black! :wink: 8) )
Red Blades
Expert

Postby Legger » Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

I have never met King or Black, but a little bird told me that he has multiple personalities (Black, King, Buck, Toast and maybe others). Perhaps we will find out at the EIWAs. It really doesn't matter though as he is or they are strong and knowledgeable wrestling fans, and that we can certainly use more of.

I always say "the more the merrier" however if they are one in the same it does save on space if the meeting place is small. However, it may make it confusing as to which you are trying to have a conversation with at any time, does it not?

Just sayin'
Legger
Expert

Return to EIWA