WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

2014 EIWA's

Moderators: Allen Brown, GAH

2014 EIWA's

Postby pipewrench » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Did they announce where next years EIWA's are?
pipewrench
Novice

Re: 2014 EIWA's

Postby Red95 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:27 pm

From this year's coaches meeting:

2014 EIWA at Penn
2015 EIWA at Lehigh
Future years to be subject to bid procedure being developed by Greg Strobel.
Red95
Expert

Postby seawolf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Come on Harvard! Invite all seaward!

BU - it's all you!!!!! (great way to welcome them to the conference if they come in)

Brown - bring 'em to town!!

West Point - let's rock the joint!

Sacred Heart --- ok .. won't even make an attempt with this one ...

These drives down to NJ/Philly/Bethlehem are a little long for me. New England Baby!! (West Point is close enough)
seawolf
Expert

Postby JM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 pm

From a fan's perspective, I hope that next year - and in years to come - the final session of the EIWAs is for the first place match only.

There are two significant problems (for fans) with the current setup, imo and some others whom I have talked with.
1. Session 3 does not have much meat to it - one round of consolations, that's it.
2. Session 4 has too much meat. If you happen to have one of your school's wrestlers competing in the consolation finals and are concentrating on that bout, you miss most, if not all, of the finals bout at that paqrticular weight class.

What do others think???
JM
Expert

Postby LU in NJ » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 pm

>>>>>>>>I liked the new set up better-----Three matches at once and the three weight class grouping of the medal ceremony kept things moving along.

It also significantly reduced the morning consolation time.

B1G hold the 1st/3rd/5th matches at the same time and it seems to work fine.

A definite improvement would be match numbers on each scoreboard and I prefer the Sat/Sun format for the EIWAs.

Just the opinion of a fan whose watched a sizable number of EIWA and NCAA consolation sessions since 1970.

It's a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
LU in NJ
Expert

Postby LUchico » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:40 am

The side by side consolation matches coincident with the finals were not as bad as I thought they would be but I still like the old method a little better. It did speed things up a little I think. Awarding medals for three weights was brilliant and should be a no brainer for the future.
I don't know why, but the weight classes seemed to get out of synch more this year. 125 would be on one mat and 141 or 149 on another at times. It's distracting and hard to identify the wrestlers. Which brings me to the biggest stupidity which never seems to change! IDENTIFY EACH MATCH!!!!!!!!!
I don't understand why the EIWA can't invest in mat side electronic score boards that can display weight class, wrestlers name and school, along with the score of each match. Is the cost and labor to run them that prohibitive? Would it be too difficult to keep up with the data input? It should be at least looked at. Failing that, at least have flip cards with the 10 weight classes at mat side and have the ref assigned to putting the correct weight up prior to the start of each match.
LUchico
Expert

Postby Legger » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Not a fan of the new session alignment. First having to take a day off on Friday may be fine for people on a salary, but for those who run a business, that mean zero revenue. Secondly having 1st, 3rd and 5th going on takes away from the specialness of wrestlers making the finals. I know some people like getting out by dinner time on Sunday so they have time to get home safely, but I think the old way was much better. Just saying.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby JPF » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Come on Harvard! Invite all seaward!

BU - it's all you!!!!! (great way to welcome them to the conference if they come in)

Brown - bring 'em to town!!

West Point - let's rock the joint!

Sacred Heart --- ok .. won't even make an attempt with this one ...

These drives down to NJ/Philly/Bethlehem are a little long for me. New England Baby!! (West Point is close enough)

Don't underestimate Andy Lausier and the SHU Pioneers. He inherited a thin cupboard, but has a good recruiting class coming in and there will be a day when the Pioneers will represent and host the EIWA.
JPF
"Newbie"

Postby wrestlingjunkie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Agree with JPF's comment about Andy Lausier. He has something going on in CT. I have heard that they would like to apply for the tournament down the road and he will definitely have more numbers in the room next year.
wrestlingjunkie
Veteran

Return to EIWA