WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Frank Cagnina

Moderators: Allen Brown, GAH

Frank Cagnina

Postby Allen Brown » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:24 am

^^^Here is a 6/4/11 post by Black_Sabitia on the Lehigh Forum, and please note that I did not make this post on any public forum, though the particular subject has been an off-forum cottage industry, and the first time I saw the info made public was this post by someone interested in Lehigh wrestling, on the WR.com Lehigh Forum-

black_sabathia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Lehigh head coach Pat Santoro revealed that 133-pound Frank Cagnina will not be returning for next season because of academic issues.
Allen Brown

Re: Frank Cagnina

Postby black_sabathia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:45 am

black_sabathia
Expert

Postby scribe » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 am

Wow. Good luck to that young man. I don't know how many other options there are out there if you can't make it at Lehigh.
scribe
Expert

Postby black_sabathia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:11 am

There's always Rutgers. Or if he's truly not interested in academics, Loch Haven.
black_sabathia
Expert

Postby Allen Brown » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 am

^^^Now we understand the Lehigh "C" Riddle? Yes, best of everything to Frank Cagnina on and off the mat. -Allen
Allen Brown

Postby John Henning » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 pm

scribe wrote:Wow. Good luck to that young man. I don't know how many other options there are out there if you can't make it at Lehigh.

>>>>> I realize Ivy humor includes dropping trow in public and other course behavior in the name of being avante garde, but this post is not at all funny. Have some sense of decency and restrain yourself from piling-on a young man who has been temporarily detoured. Frank Cagnina had a very good true frosh year. I hope to see him again in a Lehigh uniform. If not, good luck.
"Any boy can throw his hat into the ring and be a champion." Billy Sheridan Lehigh coach 1912-1952 (222-86-8)
John Henning
Expert

Postby lu90 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:42 pm

scribe wrote:Wow. Good luck to that young man. I don't know how many other options there are out there if you can't make it at Lehigh.

Pretty sure Koll could get him into the "Ag school".
lu90
Veteran

Postby JJH » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:14 pm

OK, let's be careful here, folks. My finger is on the Delete button. JJH
JJH
Expert

Postby LUchico » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 pm

You know Scribe, when you make a post like that, the humor falls flat and the acidity of the post is like a slap in the face. I'd like to think that you don't actually feel towards us Lehigh types the way that post comes across.
LUchico
Expert

Postby Allen Brown » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 pm

^^^CHICO, And, lest we forget, Black_Sabathia, who is a hard-core Lehigh wrestling fan (not really a college wrestling fan), made a negative, insulting academic remark in this string, supra. Yes, I note the Lehigh fan negativity, which I've been reading on WrestlingReport fora the past dozen years. -Allen Brown (WR.com)
Allen Brown

Postby joe gratto » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Scribe: despicable comment. Time for you to go.
joe gratto
Novice

Postby scribe » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 pm

I'd like to thank Black Sabathia for making it easy to sort out the Lehigh hypocrites in this thread.

I am excited to see Cagnina turn up on a team that I can get behind.
scribe
Expert

Postby LUchico » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Allen (and Scribe), I did note Black's negative comment, but he is new to me, as I am sure I am to him, and I don't understand him at all. I don't have a clue where he is coming from, most of the time. Scribe I think I understand, particularly his candor, fierce team loyalty, and his passion for the sport. I just don't think his comment reflected those worthy characteristics.
One thing I've loved most about watching young wrestlers grow into adults is the respect they hold for each other. They all know they're part of a pretty special fraternity. We on these fora, are part of that too and none of us benefit from remarks that are hurtful and denegrating. But, as we're all human, we all do it from time to time. Anyway, I've beaten this to death and really don't want to make more of it then may have been intended., As you would say, "On we go"
LUchico
Expert

Postby EngineerLehigh » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:10 am

I don't care if Mr. Cagnina is wreslting at Northampton Community College's Club Team next year, if that is what he wants to do and to get back on track academically to return to Lehigh or any other place. Not that college is a path for all, I do recommend 1-2 year break as a transistion year to truly discover what you want to do. If that 2 year break doesn't lead to something fulfilling, I have no idea how young people think they can compete and make a living without tertiary education.

I am sure Frank will find his way back to a college, maybe even Lehigh and be back wrestling also.
EngineerLehigh
Expert

Postby emk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:39 am

Military Options are another way to get back on track. I think that your eligibility stays in limbo while in the armed forces, so he could do 4 yrs, compete on the Greco or F/S team and still have his 3 yrs upon exiting the military.
emk
Novice

Next

Return to EIWA