WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Oklahoma State Signs Three

Moderator: GAH

Oklahoma State Signs Three

Postby Allen Brown » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:37 pm

STILLWATER—John Smith and the Oklahoma State wrestling squad announced the signing of three student-athletes for the incoming class of 2016.

"I think with this signing class, we've fulfilled our needs for the program," coach John Smith said. "We signed three great student-athletes. I'm excited about the potential that all three of them have."

Signing with the Pokes are Wyatt Sheets of Oklahoma, Keegan Moore of Minnesota and Ethan Andersen of Iowa.

Sheets is a three-time high school state champion for Stillwell High School. In the summer of 2015, Sheets earned junior national All-American status. His father Mike Sheets is considered one of the Oklahoma State greats as he was a two-time NCAA champion in 1982 and 1983 and also earned the Outstanding Wrestler honor at the 1983 NCAA tournament.

"I'm excited about another legacy kid on the team," Smith said. "His dad wrestled here and as Wyatt has embraced that, he's become a great competitor. He's really developed over the last several years. I see him at probably 149 or 157 during his career. I know people will be excited about watching him."

Moore, a senior at Jackson County High School, is a two-time state champion and a 2014 Cadet National champion. Moore has two brothers on the NCAA wrestling scene now, No. 4-ranked 165-pounder Cooper Moore and 157-pounder Paden Moore. Both wrestle form Northern Iowa.

"Keegan Moore is a project 184 pounder from Minnesota," Smith said. "He's a very talented athlete and just finished up with the state championship as a running back. He set some school records. He reminds me a lot of Chris Perry, who came out of Stillwater. He's a great athlete, and I'm really glad to get that kind of talent at a weight class like 184."

Ethan Andersen is a two-time state champion for Southeast Polk High School. In 2014, Andersen won a spot on the 2014 FILA Cadet World team in Greco-Roman.

"Ethan Andersen is a great heavyweight out of Iowa," Smith said. "He's a kid that I saw wrestle several times. He really changes levels well, and he's exciting because he can shoot and he's not afraid to shoot. I just have a good feeling that we can do a lot with that."
Allen Brown

Return to BIG 12