Nick

Postby mtdew » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Any word on him
mtdew
Veteran

Re: Nick

Postby nittanykid » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:41 pm

mtdew wrote:Any word on him

Cael said it was just a sprained ankle and that Nick would be fine for Big Ten's, but that was yesterday. So hopefully, all X-rays/MRI's were negative and it will just be a matter of pain tolerance. I know first hand how bad an ankle sprain can be, so I'm hoping it was just a minor tweak. Just going to have to keep our fingers crossed. I don't like to see anyone out because of injury. These kids work so hard just to get to the point where they can wrestle the post season. Would be tragic to see him wrestle so dominantly all season long and not be able to wrestle B1G's or NCAA's.
nittanykid
Expert

Postby Mullingar55 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Well... maybe not "tragic" but would certainly suck for Suriano and possibly cost PSU a national title (team).

Hoping for the best for Nick.

Kid, you seem to have inside knowledge, update us if appropriate. Not that we have any right to know.
Mullingar55
"Newbie"

Postby nittanykid » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:34 am

Mullingar55 wrote:Well... maybe not "tragic" but would certainly suck for Suriano and possibly cost PSU a national title (team).

Hoping for the best for Nick.

Kid, you seem to have inside knowledge, update us if appropriate. Not that we have any right to know.

As soon as I hear anything concrete, I'll post. Also, I use the word tragic because if he were not able to wrestle post season, I doubt that he would get a medical redshirt, and for someone like Suriano, who wants to be a 4X NCAA champ, or at the very least have an opportunity to be one, that would be an awful way to end your freshman campaign and not be able to have a chance at your dream.
nittanykid
Expert

Postby mikebart62 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:53 am

Worst case scenario he enters B1G"s and defaults out. Rests and rehabs then gets a at large berth for nationals.
mikebart62
Novice

Postby Wpial Bigot » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:07 am

This article sheds a little light. They will no doubt keep his foot in a boot up til BIGs weather it hurts or not.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... iver_index
Wpial Bigot
Expert

Return to Penn State