WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

Penn State vs. Ohio State Prediction Thread

Moderator: GAH

Re: Penn State vs. Ohio State Prediction Thread

Postby black_sabathia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Root cause of all the nastiness and just my opinion mind you, but if you had spent $100,000 and four years pursuing a degree and then end up having it marked with the Sandusky* asterisk and virtually worthless I think you'd be angry too. So in a way I have a lot of sympathy for the PSU fans who post here. Clearly they have every reason to be embittered.
“I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” -Socrates —
black_sabathia
Expert

Postby ctmopar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:44 pm

The PSU "Train" travels to Ohio and denies the Buckeyes "7" wins!!!

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-wre ... 17aaa.html

#1 Penn State 32, #3 Ohio State 12
February 3, 2017 – Schottenstein Center – Columbus, Ohio

125: #2 Nick Suriano PSU TF #18 Jose Rodriguez OSU, 19-4 (TF; 7:00) / 5-0
133: #1 Nathan Tomasello OSU TF George Carpenter PSU, 22-7 (TF; 6:01) / 5-5
141: #11 Jimmy Gulibon PSU dec. #15 Luke Pletcher OSU, 5-3 / 8-5
149: #1 Zain Retherford PSU TF #5 Micah Jordan OSU, 20-5 (TF; 7:00) / 13-5
157: #1 Jason Nolf PSU pinned Anthony DeCarlo OSU, WBF (1:36) / 19-5
165: #4 Vincenzo Joseph PSU maj. dec. Cody Burcher OSU, 11-1 / 23-5
174: #7 Mark Hall PSU pinned Justin Kresevic OSU, WBF (5:21) / 29-5
184: #2 Bo Nickal PSU dec. #10 Myles Martin OSU, 8-2 / 32-5
197: #54 Kollin Moore OSU dec. #9 Matt McCutcheon PSU, 9-6 / 32-8
285: #1 Kyle Snyder OSU maj. dec. #3 Nick Nevills PSU, 19-9 / 32-12
Attendance: 15,338
Records: Penn State 11-0, 7-0 B1G; Ohio State 8-2, 4-2 B1G

P.S. DRD is a attendance scholar and not looking good for the EIWA...Maybe next year!!!
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!!!
ctmopar
Expert

Postby nittanykid » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:36 am

John Henning wrote:Two anonymous replies both vulgar. Coincidence?

My post was generic to Big 10 athletes. And yes, do you think all those football, basketball and others could gain out of state admission without being an athlete? ALL of them? Now who's being naive?

My point is don't pound your chest when you have athletes working out 2 and 3 times per day and claiming the over all academic prestige the Big 10 has applies evenly to athletes, especially with out of state admissions which are more difficult in most state school cases.

You guys are quite paranoid about this it seems.

And no one started anything. One guy continues to start it with insults. When others respond they get attacked?

Who was it that posted at the beginning of this season that Nick Suriano was overrated? Oh yeah, YOU DID! Who made an absolutely delusional prediction that Lehigh would actually beat Penn State in their dual meet? YOU AGAIN! And spare me the academic BS. Penn State year in and year out is ranked higher than Lehigh as an engineering school. In fact, Lehigh is behind SEVEN big ten schools in the rankings! So as bad as Lehigh is at wrestling, they're even worse as an academic institution!

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... g-rankings

#6 Michigan, #7 Illinois, #9 Purdue, #24 Maryland, #27 Penn State, #31 Ohio State, #48 Michigan State, then FINALLY #51 Lehigh! But look on the bright side, at least your wrestling team should place higher at NCAA's than your national ranking as an engineering school!
nittanykid
Expert

Postby John Henning » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 am

nittanykid wrote:
John Henning wrote:Two anonymous replies both vulgar. Coincidence?

My post was generic to Big 10 athletes. And yes, do you think all those football, basketball and others could gain out of state admission without being an athlete? ALL of them? Now who's being naive?

My point is don't pound your chest when you have athletes working out 2 and 3 times per day and claiming the over all academic prestige the Big 10 has applies evenly to athletes, especially with out of state admissions which are more difficult in most state school cases.

You guys are quite paranoid about this it seems.

And no one started anything. One guy continues to start it with insults. When others respond they get attacked?

Who was it that posted at the beginning of this season that Nick Suriano was overrated? Oh yeah, YOU DID! Who made an absolutely delusional prediction that Lehigh would actually beat Penn State in their dual meet? YOU AGAIN! And spare me the academic BS. Penn State year in and year out is ranked higher than Lehigh as an engineering school. In fact, Lehigh is behind SEVEN big ten schools in the rankings! So as bad as Lehigh is at wrestling, they're even worse as an academic institution!

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enough of your selective hearing. No one should be ranked top 10 coming out of high school....in that regard, he was over-ranked. I did say, let's see him win a few before he's crowned. Reasonable to anyone, including all PSU fans except you. Secondly, I made no mention of Penn State academics. Lastly, I'll be at nationals if you want to meet up. It may take 3 of us old guys to take you, but beat your ass we will. In case your miniature brain doesn't understand, that's a joke.
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." John F Kennedy
John Henning
Expert

Postby nittanykid » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:43 pm

In case you didn't see it, overrated high school wrestler Nick Lee just pinned Luke Karam like a bitch, just like overrated Suriano did last year. Gotta be hard as a Lehigh fan to keep getting second and third-tier recruits while Penn State gets the best wrestlers in the country.
nittanykid
Expert

Postby black_sabathia » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm at Nationals all 3 days but don't need any help. Don't worry it will be over in less time than it takes a tear to fall.
“I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” -Socrates —
black_sabathia
Expert

Postby Legger » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:27 pm

black_sabathia wrote:I'm at Nationals all 3 days but don't need any help. Don't worry it will be over in less time than it takes a tear to fall.

**** I'm betting on BS, he may have a wry sense of humor but he is at least not afraid to let people know who he is, in fact he hosted an EIWA get together. Nitbaby is probably all of 5'1" in his high heeled boots. From my experience: those with the Biggest Mouths have very little to back it up with. Go back to the Shower Room with Sandusky and watch the weigh ins.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby Legger » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:33 pm

nittanykid wrote:In case you didn't see it, overrated high school wrestler Nick Lee just pinned Luke Karam like a bitch, just like overrated Suriano did last year. Gotta be hard as a Lehigh fan to keep getting second and third-tier recruits while Penn State gets the best wrestlers in the country.

**** Nitbaby, I just watched the Lee/Karam match on Flo. Yes, Lee is better on his feet with nice leg attacks. He was also smart not to go on bottom in the 3rd period as that is Karam's best position. Match was 4-4 when the fall was called. However the pin was extremely cheap and did not look like it was really a fall and was called really quickly. Not saying Lee will not be very good as I think he will be but don't go creaming your jeans.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby Mullingar55 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Geez, I was hard on NitanyKid a couple of weeks ago but some of the Lehigh fans really are pathetic. No wonder the late great Stovepipe seemed to take such delight in tweeking them.

Kid posts a rather innocous opening comment to his pre-match post ON THE PENN STATE forum and the Lehigh posse gets their panties in a wad. There was no mention of Lehigh till BS comes on mocking the comment and the Penn State soft schedule. He kind of undermines his agrument by listing teams that Penn State has beat and Lehigh would get soundly thrashed by. Suspect they are a little touchy after getting beat by Cornell who they thought they were going to beat and Michigan who is not even in the top tier of the Big 10.

BS brings up academics and Henning piles on. Then JH rather disingenuiously floats the position he was talking about B10 "atheletes" and throws football and basketball players into the mix. We are on a wrestling forum. The PSU wrestlers are B10 atheletes. John, you were talking about the PSU wrestlers, period. Otherwise, why even bring it up? Whenever Lehigh is not doing well (or I should say as well as they want) they bring up this discussion. It somehow makes them feel better. We are not as good as the other guys because they have an unfair advantage. It is not stated that way, just implied. You have no further to look than the many, many posts with Cornell fans over the same subject. Maybe you should go to Div. 2 where you MIGHT win all the time. Maybe you should have rules changed so everyone has the same admission standards, same academic standards, the same funding, etc., etc. Put on your big boy pants.

Also, I don't understand the smug attitude concerning academics. Lehigh is not IVY. Never was, never will be. Keep in mind that some IVY types probabaly look down their nose at a Lehigh education. It is not right for them or Lehigh. Great graduates/people come out of many institutions of higher learning. BTW, there are many folks that think that an Ohio State, Michigan or even Penn State degree is pretty damn great. I've known some Lehigh wrestlers, not an Einstein in the bunch. Great wrestlers, good kids! Also, most Div. 1 atheletes, including Lehigh wrestlers have resources to help with academics that are not available to normal students. Why is the Lehigh engineering school ranked so low? Just curious. Maybe the other schools have lower admission standards? :D

Then Henning threatens KID. He tries to mask the threat by stating it is a joke but the intent appears very real. You cannot un-ring the bell. Why would you even make such a childish statement? Predictably, BS threatens KID also. Really, guys? Finally, when you guys have nothing better to state it devolves into the Sandusky gambit. Guess you have PSU, there.

Finally, yes finally! No wonder the Barney Fife (DD) of the internet has a meltdown every so often. You guys are way over involved with Lehigh wrestling. Like helicopter parents, no grandparents. Sadly, it sounds like most of you only have a rooting interest, not actually have a kid or grandkids wrestling. From the preoccupation with your good heavy weight and what you expect from him to the whiny academic discussion to the funding discussion. Think your vaunted wrestling program would be better served if many of you stay off the internet. But you won't because it is your right, you earned it and because you way over value Lehigh and Lehigh wrestling. It is a freakin sport! It has become too important to you. You ought to question that. Of course Henning needs to stay on to pretend to be the voice of reason and police the rest. Quite the wordsmith.

Anonymously yours, Mullingar55.
Mullingar55
"Newbie"

Postby KTG » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:49 am

ditto a lot of the above post and seriously, does anyone (objectively) moderate the forums? and I've never understood how anyone can think the Sandusky stuff is joke worthy.
KTG
Veteran

Postby Nitt Fan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 am

I don't think there is a moderator. I report the disgusting Sandusky crap but nothing ever gets done. I have had it with WrestlingReport.com. I will spend my time on BWI to get my info. At least there you don't have to put up with the Lehigh grumpy old men brigade. Hasta la vista boys!
Attachments
Grumpy.jpg
Grumpy.jpg (14.76 KiB) Viewed 466 times
Nitt Fan
Novice

Postby black_sabathia » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 am

black_sabathia
Expert

Postby TheBigLebowski » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Nitt Fan wrote:I don't think there is a moderator. I report the disgusting Sandusky crap but nothing ever gets done. I have had it with WrestlingReport.com. I will spend my time on BWI to get my info. At least there you don't have to put up with the Lehigh grumpy old men brigade. Hasta la vista boys!

Congratulations!! That makes you the first Nittany Lion to ever report something about Sandusky.
That's just like your opinion man.
TheBigLebowski
Novice

Postby nittanykid » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 pm

TheBigLebowski wrote:
Nitt Fan wrote:I don't think there is a moderator. I report the disgusting Sandusky crap but nothing ever gets done. I have had it with WrestlingReport.com. I will spend my time on BWI to get my info. At least there you don't have to put up with the Lehigh grumpy old men brigade. Hasta la vista boys!

Congratulations!! That makes you the first Nittany Lion to ever report something about Sandusky.

Now that's funny (in a sad way).
nittanykid
Expert

Previous

Return to Penn State