rankings

Postby mtdew » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:21 pm

i am hoping jimmy g can medal
mtdew
Veteran

Re: rankings

Postby nittanykid » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 am

mtdew wrote:i am hoping jimmy g can medal

I'm hoping as well, but I don't think it's possible at 141. As fast as he is, he has trouble taking the bigger 141's down, and also has trouble getting out from bottom on them. He's already lost this year to McKenna, McCrystal, and Ashnault in pretty lopsided scores. You still have Heil, Jack, Kolodzik, Ward, and Meredith in that AA range, so if he wants to be on the podium, he's going to have to wrestle his butt off.
nittanykid
Expert

Postby mtdew » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 am

maybe he can get on a roll like Q Wright
mtdew
Veteran

Postby KTG » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:14 pm

what's Jimmy ranked now? 12 or close? So not too far off but as nittanykid pointed out he doesn't look all that likely to knock off many ranked above him. I think he'll need to pull at least one upset and maybe have another bracket buster open things up a bit for him. QW-man that dude could wrestle at NCAAs. Beat his seed every year and usually by a good bit.
KTG
Veteran

Postby nittanykid » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 am

The other problem with Jimmy is going to be his seed. Unless he goes on another roll at B1G's, he could possibly enter the NCAA tournament unseeded, and hit a top seed right off the bat. And as much as I'd love for him to go on a roll like Q always did, Jimmy has the unfortunate circumstance of being significantly shorter than all of his opponents, instead of being much, much taller.
nittanykid
Expert

Postby wrestling125 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:38 am

If Gulibon gets on the podium I will get a tattoo of his face on my buttocks.
wrestling125
"Newbie"

Postby Legger » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:29 am

wrestling125 wrote:If Gulibon gets on the podium I will get a tattoo of his face on my buttocks.

**** If Gulibon does AA, please promise us that you will not post a picture of your tattoo on this Forum. :roll: :mrgreen:
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking."
Legger
Expert

Postby KTG » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Jimmy with a little pep in his step again last night. now guy he majored was ranked 15 so still doesn't mean he can beat the AA types. but maybe if he can't manage to get to podium he can at least get some bonus wins in tourney.
KTG
Veteran

Postby nittanykid » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:04 pm

KTG wrote:Jimmy with a little pep in his step again last night. now guy he majored was ranked 15 so still doesn't mean he can beat the AA types. but maybe if he can't manage to get to podium he can at least get some bonus wins in tourney.

If he gets in a good spot in the bracket, I could see him going 3-2 and making round of 16 or round of 12. If he gets really, really fortunate, and wrestles his butt off, he could reach the podium. Most of the top guys (Heil, McKenna, Jack, Kolodzik, Ashnault, Ward, Meredith) should be in the championship bracket until the quarterfinals at least, which means there is room to advance through the consi bracket if you lose to one of them. The real test will be if you hit one of these guys in the consolation bracket once they start hitting each other. If you get into a good spot in the bracket, and avoid running into them until the round of 12, then you only have to win one big match to AA. If someone gets upset, or you wind up in a bad spot in the bracket, all bets are off.
nittanykid
Expert

Return to Penn State