WR Sites Daily News College High School WPIALwrestling.net

District XI Wrestling HOF Member Dick King Memorial Service

Annouce your happenings, cancelations, ect.
It is not here to sell your camps or tournaments. Violators will be banned

Moderator: Bruce

District XI Wrestling HOF Member Dick King Memorial Service

Postby ahs1982 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:14 pm

I wanted to share that District XI Wrestling and Dieruff H.S. Hall of Fame member (and my Dad), Richard "Dick" King, passed away on Thursday, December 12th. He coached at Dieruff H.S. for 12 years (6 as head coach) & remained active in the wrestling community for the rest of his life.

A public memorial service to celebrate his life will be held on Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm at Christ Lutheran Church, 13th and Hamilton Streets, Allentown, PA. The family will receive visitors from 1:30 to 3:00 pm that day. All are welcome to attend. In addition, contributions to the Dick King Wrestling Memorial Fund for Dieruff H.S. may be sent care of Stephens Funeral Home, Inc., 1335-37 Linden Street, Allentown, PA 18102. Please share on-line condolences at http://www.stephensfuneral.com.

My Dad had a great many friends in the wrestling community. We attended matches all over the Lehigh Valley, including District and Regional tournaments, countless Lehigh Wrestling matches and NCAA championships. We are extremely grateful to all of his friends.

Thanks, --Rich
ahs1982
"Newbie"

Return to Announcements